Updated: Sep 1, 2019
It is easy to say my goal is to be happy or to have inner peace, but what does ‘happy’, ‘inner peace’, ‘free’, ‘successful’ etc, look like? To manifest the future of our dreams we need to know what it is we are seeking and be able to visualise ourselves having it. This exercise helps create a visual picture of our goals and know what it is we are asking the universe to bring.
You will need:
· A poster – A3 size or greater (you could also use a picture frame or framed canvas to hang your poster)
· Paper, pen, glue stick, marking pen, coloured pencils/crayons, scissors
· Old magazines, images printed from the internet or photos
· Your imagination
Gather collage resources
1. Create a list of everything that would make life more fun, easier, bring you joy and make your heart sing… Use your imagination and avoid limiting yourself – sometimes our best ideas sit behind the ridiculous!
2. Search through magazines, newspapers, or the internet for images that appeal to you, activities that you would like to do or do more of, and that represent different aspects of your ideal life. Look also for words that capture your attention. Cut or tear them out.
3. Find photos of yourself, your partner, family members – people who are important to you. If you don’t have photos, choose other images representing your ideal relationships.
· Re-sort, keeping the images and words that truly resonate.
· Place words and images over the poster until they are positioned as you like them. Glue into place.
· You can add positive affirmations if you wish – plenty can be found on the internet if you need ideas.
· Place a picture of yourself/representation of self, or an image/word that sums up your vision in the middle of the poster.
Create intent -
Focus on your completed poster and say:
I am the keeper of my success.
I am one with the power of the Universe.
In alignment with my Highest Good, everything is available to me.
And so it is. (Offer gratitude)
Hang poster where you can see it every day – in a private space if you do not want others to see it.
Each time you see it, visualise yourself already enjoying everything depicted. This exercise assists our conscious and subconscious mind to focus on our goals.
Where our focus goes, energy flows.
And so it is.
Take time to know yourself,
Live your best life ... you deserve it!
Adapted from D Stein www.oocities.org