Gently turn your head from side to side.
· Notice what is in your vision (how far can you see when you turn your head).
· Notice tension, tightness or pain. Rate it on a scale of 1-10
(1 comfortable – 10 very uncomfortable)
1. Hold the top of each ear between fingers and thumb and gently unroll the curved part at the outer edge of your ear.
2. Pull firmly away from the opening of the ear, massaging and stretching the ear with your fingers and thumbs.
3. Continue to unroll and stretch the ear as you work your way down until you reach the lobe.
4. Repeat 3 or 4 times
Then, turn your head from left to right and notice any:
· increase in vision range
· improvement in neck flexibility
· decrease in tension, tightness or pain
Rate it again 0-10.
BENEFITS: This technique improves flexibility, ability to listen and comprehend, while reducing tightness and tension.
If neck tension, tightness & pain occur regularly, see your doctor for a physical assessment and then consider a kinesiology session to address the underlying source of this symptom.
Live your best life